Do Bangladeshi citizens need a visa for New Zealand?
Bangladeshi citizens must obtain a visa before entry into New Zealand. Reach New Zealand embassy or consulate for the instructions how to apply the visa.
Purpose of travel
We can assist in processing all documents required to this trip.
Passport validity for travel to New Zealand
Passport must be valid for 3 months on leaving destination.
Is it safe to travel to New Zealand?
New Zealand has a current risk level of 3 (out of 5). We advise to use some caution when travelling New Zealand. The safety index is based on travel advisories from independent 4 sources.
Safety index is provided by www.travel-advisory.info: 09/09/2023.
New Zealand customs rules
Restricted to travellers 18 years and over. One of following:
- 50 cigarettes;
- 50 grams of tobacco or cigars;
- or a mixture of all three weighing not more than 50 grams.
- Restricted to travellers 18 years and over;
- 4.5 litres of wine or beer;
- 3 bottles of spirits or other alcoholic beverages (each bottle containing a maximum of 1.125 litres).
- There are no restrictions on the importation of funds into New Zealand.
- Funds of NZD$10,000 or more must be declared on a Border Cash Report.
- New goods obtained overseas (excluding alcohol and tobacco) which have a total combined value of NZD$700.
- Personal effects such as clothing and jewellery. These must not be intended to be sold or gifted.
- Personal cameras and accessories.
- Portable musical instruments.
- Portable radio receivers.
- Cellular or mobile phones.
- Laptops and accessories.
- Baby carriages and strollers.
- Sporting equipment.
- Prescription medication should be kept in its original packaging, and accompanied by a note from the prescribing doctor outlining the purpose of the medication, the condition it has been prescribed for, and the quantity needed during the traveller's visit.
- Human ashes are not restricted, however they must be declared. It is recommended that they are accompanied by the relevant death or cremation certificate.
- Gifts worth NZD$110 or less can be imported free of charge. If presents are for more than one person, each person can receive NZ $110, but the identity of each recipient must be clearly established.
- Goods residents have taken with them when leaving the country. If in doubt about re-importing an item, a Certificate of Export can be acquired on departure.
- Service dogs are not subject to the same import controls as pet dogs.
- Heirlooms if not for resale can be brought in under an heirloom concession. Evidence such as a solicitor’s letter confirming the bequest may be required.