Skip to main content

Cambodia customs regulations

It is important to know about customs regulations before traveling to Cambodia to avoid legal issues and potential fines. As you know, customs regulations widely depend on the country. Before traveling to (or from) Cambodia make sure to check the allowance and limits for the next things:

  • Alcohol and tobacco
  • Currency
  • Medicines (especially those containing drugs)
  • Animals
  • Cultural artifacts
  • Plants, fruits, vegetables and other agricultural products

Check the information below to be sure that you are complying with Cambodia customs regulations.

Import regulations in Cambodia

Duty-free allowance

Tobacco limit

Restricted to travellers 18 years and over. One of the following:

  • 200 cigarettes;
  • 50 cigars;
  • or 200g tobacco.

Bringing alcohol

  • Restricted to travellers 18 years and over;
  • 2 litres of alcohol.

Cash limit

  • There are no restrictions on the import of foreign currency into Cambodia, however funds of US$10,000 or over must be declared to the customs authorities.

Other Goods

  • 350mL perfume and cosmetics.
  • Personal goods and medicines for personal use.

Prohibited items

The following are goods which cannot be brought into the country.

  • Narcotic drugs.
  • Products of endangered species as regulated by the Washington Convention (CITES).
  • Religious books.
  • Pornography.
  • Books inciting violence.
  • Counterfeit goods and those infringing intellectual copyright.
  • Goods that contain ozone depletion substances.

Restricted items

These goods are strictly regulated, and in most cases require a permit to be obtained prior to arrival.

  • Human corpses require documents issued by the Cambodian Embassy in the country where person deceased.
  • Endangered animals, plants, and their derivative products protected under the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species (CITES) may require protected species permits.
  • Instruments or technical equipment for aeroplanes require permission from the Civil Aviation Authority.
  • Ozone-depleting substances require permission from the Ministry of Environment.
  • Seeds are subject to regulation by the relevant agriculture authorities.
  • Animal medicines require an import permit from the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fishery.

Information has been updated: .