Do Guyanese citizens need a visa for Bhutan?
Guyanese citizens who are planning a trip to Bhutan aren't required to apply for a visa if they wish to go for short stays (tourism). But it's required to obtain an electronic travel authorization (eTA or eVisa) before entering Bhutan. Find more information about electronic visas in our articles.
Don't rely on information from only one source. Please, with at least one more source listed in the link.
Purpose of travel
We can assist in processing all documents required to this trip.
Passport validity for travel to Bhutan
Passport must be valid for 6 months on leaving destination.
Is it safe to travel to Bhutan?
Bhutan has a current risk level of 3 (out of 5). We advise to use some caution when travelling Bhutan. The safety index is based on travel advisories from independent 4 sources.
Safety index is provided by www.travel-advisory.info: 09/09/2023.
Bhutan customs rules
There is no duty free allowance for importing tobacco into Bhutan. Travellers may import one of the following, and pay an import duty of 200%, or 100% if arriving from India:
- 800 cigarettes;
- 1200 bidis;
- 150 cigars;
- or 750g other tobacco products.
- 2 bottles of alcohol, each no larger than 1 litre.
- 1 bottle of perfume, no large than 2oz.
- 50g gold (including jewellery).
- 1kg silver (including jewellery).
- 10 pieces each type of clothing.
- Personal goods for day to day use, including personal electronics.
- Items for sports purposes in reasonable quantities.
- Medication for personal use.
- All articles must not exceed a total value of more than BTN10 000.
Make your trip easy and safe
Explore our carefully selected collection of essential services aimed at assisting travelers in economizing and ensuring their safety during international trips. Delve into our suggestions and make your trip to Bhutan as comfortable as possible.
Fly to Bhutan
Get cheap flights with cashback to your destination
Global internet and eSIM solution
Stay connected, wherever you travel, at affordable rates
Medical insurance in Bhutan
Explore travel insurance options for your next trip