Do Guyanese citizens need a visa for Finland?
Guyanese citizens must obtain a visa before entry into Finland. Reach Finland embassy or consulate for the instructions how to apply the visa.
Purpose of travel
We can assist in processing all documents required to this trip.
Passport validity for travel to Finland
Passport must be valid for 3 months on leaving destination.
Is it safe to travel to Finland?
Finland has a current risk level of 3 (out of 5). We advise to use some caution when travelling Finland. The safety index is based on travel advisories from independent 4 sources.
Safety index is provided by www.travel-advisory.info: 09/09/2023.
Finland customs rules
When travelling within EU
There are no limits on the amount of alcohol and tobacco a traveller can bring in within the EU. The goods must be for personal use or as a gift and they must have had duty and tax paid in the EU country where they were acquired. Customs officials may require proof of intent if more than all the following is imported.
Restricted to travellers 18 years and over. Passengers arriving from an EU country must ensure that tobacco products have, in Finnish and in Swedish, a pictorial warning on the health hazards caused by tobacco, and the information to ensure product identification and traceability printed on the packet. This only applies on amounts over 200 cigarettes, 50 cigars, 100 cigarillos, and 250 grams of tobacco.
- 800 cigarettes;
- 400 cigarillos (max 3g each);
- 200 cigars;
- 1kg smoking tobacco.
- Restricted to travellers 20 years and over, however travellers 18 and older may bring in alcohol up to 22% alcohol volume;
- 10 litres of spirits over 22%;
- 20 litres of alcoholic beverages, other than either wine or beer, less than 22% volume;
- 90 litres of wine (with a maximum 60 litres of sparkling wine);
- 110 litres of beer.
When travelling from outside the EU
If entering the EU from outside, passengers may bring with them duty-free goods for personal use within the limits set out below. The same applies if coming from the Canary Islands, the Channel Islands, Gibraltar or other territories where EU rules on VAT do not apply.
Restricted to travellers 18 years and over. One of the following:
- 200 cigarettes;
- 100 cigarillos;
- 50 cigars;
- 250g of smoking tobacco;
- or a proportional combination of these goods (such as 100 cigarettes and 50 cigarillos).
Restricted to travellers 20 years and over, however travellers 18 and older may bring in alcohol up to 22% alcohol volume. One of the following:
- 1 litre exceeding 22% alcohol volume;
- or 2 litres up to 22% alcohol volume.
In addition, both of the following:
- 4 litres of still wine;
- 16 litres of beer.
- There are no restrictions on the importation of currency into the EU.
- Funds of more than €10,000 must be declared to the customs authorities.
Time limits relating to the import of alcohol
- A person residing in Finland who arrives in Finland from outside the European Economic Area by other means than by flight is allowed to import alcoholic beverages only if the journey has taken more than 20 hours.
- A person residing outside the European Economic Area who arrives in Finland by other means than by flight is allowed to import alcoholic beverages only if they are staying in Finland for more than 72 hours. This rule does not apply to transit passengers.
Other Goods free from duty
- Medicines for personal use, up to three months' worth.
- Personal items of non-commercial nature worth up to €430 when travelling by air or sea.
- Personal items of non-commercial nature worth up to €300 when travelling by land.