Do Guyanese citizens need a visa for Ghana?
Guyanese citizens do not need a tourist visa when travelling to Ghana in 2023. Guyanese passport holders can stay in Ghana for a short period of time (for 90 days). Please, read all the information below to make your trip easy and safe.
Duration of stay
Purpose of travel
Passport validity for travel to Ghana
Passport must be valid on arrival.
Is it safe to travel to Ghana?
Ghana has a current risk level of 3.4 (out of 5). We advise to use some caution when travelling Ghana. The safety index is based on travel advisories from independent 5 sources.
Safety index is provided by www.travel-advisory.info: 09/09/2023.
Ghana customs rules
- Any assortment of tobacco products not exceeding more than 500 grams.
- 750 mL of wine;
- and 375mL of potable and perfumed spirits.
- Items intended for personal use. A deposit may be required to cover these goods.
- Residents and non residents arriving in Ghana are permitted to carry up to US$10,000 or its equivalent in any form. This must be declared at the border on entry and departure.
- Any amount over US$10,000 must be transferred only through a bank or authorised dealer.