Do Guyanese citizens need a visa for Papua New Guinea?
Guyanese citizens who are planning a trip to Papua New Guinea aren't required to apply for a visa if they wish to go for short stays (tourism). But it's required to obtain an electronic travel authorization (eTA or eVisa) before entering Papua New Guinea. Find more information about electronic visas in our articles.
Don't rely on information from only one source. Please, with at least one more source listed in the link.
Purpose of travel
We can assist in processing all documents required to this trip.
Passport validity for travel to Papua New Guinea
Passport must be valid for 6 months on arrival.
Is it safe to travel to Papua New Guinea?
Papua New Guinea has a current risk level of 3.8 (out of 5). We advise to reconsider your need to travel to Papua New Guinea. The safety index is based on travel advisories from independent 5 sources.
Safety index is provided by www.travel-advisory.info: 09/09/2023.
Papua New Guinea customs rules
Restricted to travellers 18 years and over. One of the following:
- 250 cigarettes;
- or 250 grams of other tobacco products.
- Restricted to travellers 18 years and over;
- 2 litres of alcohol.
- There are no restrictions on the import of local or foreign currencies.
- Funds of more than SI$50,000 or its foreign equivalent must be declared to the customs authorities.
- 1 litre of perfume.
- New articles up to a value of K1000 for travellers 18 years and over, and K500 for travellers under 18.
- Personal effects not intended for commercial use, such as laptops, sporting equipment, jewellery, toiletries, and cameras.
Make your trip easy and safe
Explore our carefully selected collection of essential services aimed at assisting travelers in economizing and ensuring their safety during international trips. Delve into our suggestions and make your trip to Papua New Guinea as comfortable as possible.
Fly to Papua New Guinea
Get cheap flights with cashback to your destination
Global internet and eSIM solution
Stay connected, wherever you travel, at affordable rates
Medical insurance in Papua New Guinea
Explore travel insurance options for your next trip