Do Norwegian citizens need a visa for Solomon Islands?
Norwegian citizens do not need a tourist visa when travelling to Solomon Islands in 2023. Norwegian passport holders can stay in Solomon Islands for a short period of time (for 90 days). Please, read all the information below to make your trip easy and safe.
Duration of stay
Purpose of travel
Passport validity for travel to Solomon Islands
Passport must be valid for 6 months on arrival.
Is it safe to travel to Solomon Islands?
Solomon Islands has a current risk level of 3.3 (out of 5). We advise to use some caution when travelling Solomon Islands. The safety index is based on travel advisories from independent 3 sources.
Safety index is provided by www.travel-advisory.info: 06/01/2023.
Solomon Islands customs rules
Restricted to travellers 18 years and over. One of the following:
- 200 cigarettes;
- 50 cigars;
- or 250 grams of tobacco products.
- Restricted to travellers 18 years and over;
- 2 litres of alcohol.
- There are no restrictions on the import of local or foreign currencies.
- Funds of more than SI$50,000 or its foreign equivalent must be declared to the customs authorities.
- Articles including food, duty free purchased goods and other personal goods with a total value of up to SI$3000 for travellers over 18 years, and SI$1500 for travellers under 18 years.
- Gifts intended for personal use in the Solomon Islands must not exceed a total value of SI$1500.